Welcome to the Creepy Orphan Society

This Group is all about creating Creepy Orphans in the form of an Art Doll, Mixed Media or an Art Journal.
Whether it be a head on a bottle, candlestick, air dry clay, polymer clay, skulls, wire armature, or using an old book, etc...this Group is all about having fun with each other, learning, growing, and creating amazing pieces in the forum of Creepy.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Another Creepy Art Piece



Hello my creepy Orphans, I wanted to share a project that I just finished.  This is a birthday present for a friend.  So, I am posting here first and not my blog yet.  I don't want him to see it before he receives it.  This is Death wears Horns, my friend loves skeleton themed art.  So, I dreamed up this fun guy for him.  He is a paper clay skull and poly clay hands over a wire and wood armature.  His cloak and covering are decorative papers  and he has a netting called appropriately "Creepy Cloth" for his shroud like drape.  He carries his coat of arms around with him so there is no mistake of what he is all about.



This is a closer view of his face and upper body.  Anyway, this is the last of my skull heads I had made earlier this year.  So, I am off to try and get other projects done for fall shows and my holiday studio open house.  Hope you all are having a creepy fun Halloween month.

6 comments:

  1. Oh so wonderful!!!
    Just looking at this fella makes me happy!!
    Great job;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Daph, I hope my friend will like him too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh My God Cody, this piece is absolutely amazing. Fantastic JOB! I love how you are really working these creepy orphans. Love it.
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Michelle, this was a labor of love of sorts. I had this skull around my sculpting table for months staring at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! A wonderful piece of creepy art!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW Cody he is wonderfully crazy cool and fabulous! Lucky friend~
    Love~Pattee

    ReplyDelete